Foster Parent Support GroupsTo assist Foster Parents during this unprecedented time of Safer At Home, SaintA has been offering free, weekly Foster Parent Support Groups via webinar. Every Friday, we explore a different topic with guest experts, share tips and tricks of what’s been working (and what hasn’t), and remind each other that we’re not in this alone.
*Note tuning in live to support sessions count for training hours, but re-watching a video below may not count because their must be an interactive piece. Please direct questions about what counts as training to your licensing worker.
Register for upcoming sessions by clicking on its topic below.
- Friday, April 23 @ 5pm CST: What you need to know about the placement process (classifications, rates, considerations, etc)? with the Placement Team
- Friday, March 26, 2021: Helpful Foster Parent resource review with the Caregiver Coordinators, Powerpoint
- Friday, February 19, 2021: Black History Month Story Time – Black Heroes by Arlisha Norwood
- Friday, February 5, 2021: Working with Drug Affected Infants with SaintA registered nurses, Jill Novack, Lisa Jaklich and Kendra Huber
- Friday, January, 29, 2021: Call to Action – bring a friend and win swag (no training credit)
- Friday, January 8, 2021: It Happens Here documentary screening and discussion around sex trafficking in Wisconsin with Christina Hauritz and Rebekah Dettman,
- Friday, December 25, 2020: no session due to holiday
- Friday, December 18, 2020: Story Time with Santa (no training credit – just for fun)
- Friday, December 11, 2020: No-sew hat making activity with Kohls volunteers (no training credit – just for fun)
- Friday, December 4, 2020: Uncomfortable Conversations with a Black Man – episode 3
- Friday, November 27, 2020: no session due to holiday
- Friday, November 20, 2020: Celebrating holidays with foster children and their families with the Caregiver Coordinators
- Friday, November 13, 2020: Imminent & Impending Danger Threats – Why Children Are Removed from Their Home with RACHAEL DIERINGER, PPT presentation
- Friday, November 6, 2020: What caregivers need to know about CANS with RACHAEL DIERINGER, PPT presentation
- Friday, October 30, 2020: Halloween Fun with the Caregiver Coordinators – cancelled due to lack of sign ups
- Friday, October 23, 2020: Hair/Skin care with ANTIONETTE ROBERSON, Training workbook, and Natural Hair Blogs
- Friday, October 16, 2020: What all caregivers need to know about Care4kids with JESSICA CABRERA
- Friday, October 9, 2020: Child Welfare, Human Trafficking and the HART team with CHRISTINA HAURITZ, Additional Resources
- Friday, October 2, 2020: Time Management with BRIGETTE RAHMING re-visited
- Friday, September 25, 2020: The Use of Technology in Virtual Learning – The Risks and Safety Measures to Take to Protect Children from Exploitation with ALICIA LAWANSON – CDC Tip Sheet – Protecting Your Child from Electronic Aggression, PPT Presentation, and Security Features to Familiarize Yourself with as a Parent
- Friday, September 18, 2020: Follow up Q&A with ANGELA QUAYLE & CHRIS SCHAFER
- Friday, September 11, 2020: Family Scavenger Hunt with MERRANDA HOUSTON (not recorded, just for fun)
- Friday, September 4, 2020: The Role of Permanency Consultants with SHARI FRITSCH
- Friday, August 28, 2020: How to have race-based conversations with children/teens and promote healing? with MARANDE BUCK
- Friday, August 21, 2020: The Benefits of Meditation with TRACY BENNETT
- Friday, August 14, 2020: Updates in MPS for the upcoming school year: how to best meet the educational needs of the child in your care with ANGELA QUAYLE & CHRIS SCHAFER
- Friday, August 7, 2020: The Compassion Curve: How to maintain perspective while balancing work, fostering and virtual school this Fall with SARA DANIEL
- Friday, July 31, 2020: Caregiver Capacity, Co-Regulation, and Co-Dysregulation with ADRIANNE WALSCHINSKI
- Friday, July 24, 2020: Teaming with your Child Welfare team and legal parties to promote permanency with JESSICA REESE
- Friday, July 17, 2020: Q&A with Licensing Supervisor, LAURA HALONEN; Read more here.
- Thursday, July 9, 2020: Wrap-Around Care with MELINDA CALDERON-PITCHFORD
- Thursday, July 2, 2020: Reward Neurobiology, Relationship, and Regulation with JULIE SCOTT
- Friday, June 26, 2020: Time Management with BRIGETTE RAHMING; You can also read more here.
- Friday, June 19, 2020: Collective Sociocultural Trauma with PAT PARKER
- Friday, June 12, 2020: Tips for Working with Teens with ANTOINETTE ROBERSON
- Friday, June 5, 2020: Regressive Behaviors with SARAH MORCHAUSER
- Friday, May 29, 2020: Potty Training, Spirit Week Wrap-Up and General Q&A with NANCY MONTOUR
- Friday, May 22, 2020: The Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics™ (NMT) & Crisis Management during COVID19 with KRISTINE BUNE
- Friday, May 15, 2020: The Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics™ (NMT) with RACHEL GARLOCK
- Friday, May 8, 2020: Community Resources with DEMONTE DISMUKE, JAMEELAH LOVE, and BREONNA SHAW
- Friday, May 1, 2020: Love and Logic Parenting with NANCY MONTOUR
- Friday, April 24, 2020: Homeschooling Tips & Tricks with AKUA BONLENDER & SARAH NOERENBERG; You can also read more here.
- Friday, April 17, 2020: SaintA Telehealth Services with GAOCHEE INTHAPANYA
- Friday, April 10, 2020: Virtual Visits with Bio Parents with NIKEYAH FLAGG & THERESA MILLER
- Friday, April 3, 2020: The Benefits of Meditation with TRACY BENNET