Specialized Treatment Foster Care
According to the National Center for Missing and Exploited children, about 293,000 children in the U.S. are in danger of being sexually trafficked. Victims are of all races and backgrounds, from infants to teens. Exploiters commonly sell minor girls for $400 an hour on America’s streets, and the average age a child enters the sex industry is 12, Shared Hope International reports.
SaintA is looking for patient, empathetic and nurturing individuals and families to provide a consistent and safe environment for young female victims of sexual exploitation. You may have the opportunity to save a child’s life.
As a licensed SaintA caregiver, you would be a critical member of an interdisciplinary team of professionals, including Wraparound Milwaukee, working with multi-level trauma survivors. You would be expected to provide a safe home, engage and nurture the child, and offer understanding and the opportunity to heal. You would participate and assist in the implementation of services necessary for the healing process to begin. These services may include:
- A safe, consistent and structured living environment
- Physical, dental and mental health assessment and services
- Healthy relationship development and mentoring
- Safety plans to protect the youth from additional trauma
- Individualized academic, vocational and life-skill intervention
- Regular team meetings, treatment planning and other services needed to ensure safety and reduce the effects of trauma
- Specialized training and support to help in the healing process
Specialized Treatment Foster Parent Requirements
The most important requirements are having love, patience and a commitment to the future of our community’s children.
Certification includes treatment foster care requirements in addition to the following:
- Topic-specific training related to complex trauma and sexual exploitation
- One parent must not work outside the home
- Applicants are required to provide at least one support person to be approved as respite
Additional supportive services for caregivers:
- 24/7 access to professionals
- A mentor for the youth
- Specialized training and group consultation
- Therapeutic case management support
- Respite care
- Health care insurance stipend (if applicable)
To learn more, call 855-GROW-HOPE and mention that you have an interest in providing specialized treatment foster care.
For more information on our services, please visit our Resources section for contact information, meeting schedules, forms and more.